Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY Disney Board Book


With two littles in the house board books play a huge part in our lives. We have them for every occasion and then some. So when I found this site that actually allows you to create your own board book, well, let's just say my fairy wand started to buzz. My Custom Story has great software and easy to follow directions that allow you to customize anything on your own schedule. I tried Pint Size Productions, but the software kept timing out on me. Granted, I have a lot of interruptions around the cottage, but it was driving me wild. My Custom Story was much easier to work with. And as far as pricing goes, I got more layouts for my money. It was around $30.00 to make and ship the book, and it was worth every penny! The book is a high quality product for sure. It would be an especially awesome Tinkerbell Treasure for the car or the plane.

For this book I used pictures from the amazing Photos From The Parks. I decided to do a color identification book for the first try. It's perfect for Happy right now, and Minnie will be able to enjoy it too. Here is a sample of what's inside:

I think the possibilities here are endless! I plan on making another one with numbers found around the parks. And for Doc (our tweenager), I think I could make a game of it for him to identify where each object is located throughout the Disney resort. Bonus!

In all, I am very pleased with the board book I created. I hope you try one out too. And if you do, please share it with us! We love to see what our readers are up to. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! We had annual passes this past year and I have SO many pictures I keep thinking I need to make some kind of book... Love the board book idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project! This would make a great gift for my glambaby. Thanks for coming by and partying with me!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete