Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's A Small World Kids Room: Bunting

After our last trip through It's A Small World, I noticed that in every room of the attraction, there is something hanging from the ceiling. I wanted to try and evoke that feeling in the kids' room and this bunting was the perfect way to do that. And it was a fun way to use up some fat quarters I had lying around.

I used this very simple tutorial from Yvestown. It was easy to follow and only required two nap times to complete. And it was very budget friendly too, as I already had all the supplies on hand that I would need. The stack of fat quarters was purchased from Hobby Lobby for $7.00. In order to figure out how I wanted it spaced on the ceiling, I taped it to the wall with painters tape. That way I could adjust it until it was just how I wanted it. I originally used the clear Command Hooks to hang the bunting from the ceiling. I just tied a loop of thread around the binding where I wanted to hang it. But it eventually fell down. I'm sure the fabric was just too heavy for it. I put up plant hooks that screw into the ceiling and that has been a much more secure solution.

This would be a great project for a birthday or tea party too. I hope you have fun with it! Be sure to share your projects with us if you Disney-fy some bunting too. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

2 comments:

  1. Your garland is so cute! I found your blog from the comment you left me - thanks so much! :) I also wanted to let you know that I tried to reply, but your email was set on "no-reply blogger." (just one of blogger's problems!) Here's how to fix it: http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/02/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

    Thanks again! Your blog is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, What a cute idea to add some color! I loved It's a small world! It was so different to go back as an adult! Thanks for linking up to Talkin’ About Thursday link party. I hope you will come back this week too!

    ReplyDelete