Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hand-knit Nightmare Before Christmas Themed Sally Scarf

If you've been following this blog then you know I do a lot of sock knitting. A lot. This means that I have a lot of leftover sock yarn. It's not enough that I could make another pair of socks, but it's enough that I feel bad trowing it out.

When I ran across this pattern for a sock yarn scrap scarf, I knew I was going to knit it. And I was inspired by Sally, from The Nightmare Before Christmas to just go ahead and mash up those patterns. I decided not to care if it was coordinated. I just knit until in needed to switch out colors.

I love it when a plan like that comes together! It was simple, mindless knitting that took no time at all to whip up. And it's so warm! I love it. And if last winter is an sort of predictor, I'll have lots of chances to wear it!

As usual, all the details for the scarf, including the pattern are on my Ravelry page. Feel free to browse around. And until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment