Thursday, September 25, 2014

Disney's Frozen DIY Sundress

This Olaf-themed Pinwheel Sundress is just the thing our Minnie needs for our fall trip to Walt Disney World!Honestly, there are just so many things about this sundress that make me happy!

First, the fabric is so much fun. It's all Olaf and summer postcards and bringing back summer! It is currently being sold at JoAnn's, both in the store and online (at least at the time of this writing). It's a cotton poly blend, but it works because it's so kitschy! It was a bit slippery to sew, but using some spray starch to keep the folds in place made a huge difference!

If you missed the post of Little Chef's Hawaiian shirt made from the same fabric, be sure to catch it. The style of this dress is the perfect thing for a hot Disney theme park day. And it will definitely be worn (along with Little Chef's shirt) the day we meet Anna and Elsa! I can't wait!

The second thing about this dress that makes me happy, is that it's an Oliver + S pattern and I have been dying to try one for the longest time! I think they are so adorable, classic yet modern, but they seem really intimidating. I think that's because they are so classic (which usually means tailoring). But let me assure you this Pinwheel Dress was NOT HARD to make. The pattern only called for one technique I had never tried and the entire thing was explained step by step in the directions. It was super easy to follow and so fun to make!

Lastly, I love the fact that Minnie can be rough and tumble in this dress. It doesn't hinder her play at all but still looks adorable. It can play with Pooh and still be royal enough to meet a queen. It's perfect. I'd love to know what toddler patterns you are sewing right now.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment