Saturday, August 30, 2014

DIY Disney's Olaf Hawaiian Shirt

It's been such a long time since I have been able to get to my sewing machine! I have loads of projects ready to go, but our little Minnie has been her typical toddler self, into everything and destroying most of it! This does not make me anxious to get out the sewing machine! But I finally, finally found some time to create this adorable little Olaf shirt for Little Chef! It's crazy cute and as intimidated as I was about putting in that collar, it was far easier than I ever imagined.

Both of the littles have had an obsession with Frozen from the moment the DVD arrived. They sing along at every song and even repeat some of their favorite dialogue. When I saw this fabric at JoAnn's I knew it was coming home with me! And since we managed to get a meet and greet with Anna and Elsa for our next visit to WDW (squee!) I know exactly what Little Chef is going to be wearing!

To make this adorable little button up shirt, I used the Kai's Shirt pattern from Heather Ross's book, Weekend Sewing. I love every pattern I have used from this book. They are very easy to follow and the step by step directions make things like sewing a collar and putting in sleeves easy. I even used my button hole presser foot to create button holes, and my button foot to sew on the buttons! I felt quite good about myself.

I have other projects in the works, including a little something for Minnie in this same fabric if I can find the time for it in the near future! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment