Thursday, August 21, 2014

From Belle's Library | How To Be Like Walt

This was, perhaps, the first book I've attempted to read about Walt Disney that I just couldn't get through. That's right, I didn't even get past chapter 4 of How To Be Like Walt. I will say that the narration for the audio book is lovely and the prologue was probably the best part of this book - at least the best part that I read. But for me, the fatal flaw here was that it reads exactly like a self-help book. I know; I know; it's supposed to. The title screams, "I want to change!" But I just can't keep listening to a book tell me how, if I just do this or that, I too can be like Walt. I'd hoped for something a little more along the lines of inspiration, and not so much instruction. I have enough to keep track of in my life without a longer list of "think this," "do that," and "you're doing it wrong." It just seemed like work and Disney should NOT feel like work!

For me, this was a poor choice and I can't say I would recommend it to anyone. If you are looking for a good biography, there are plenty other choices out there. Leave this one on the shelves. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment