Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sitting With Grandmother Willow | Sylvia of Sylvia Loves Pink

As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Sylvia of Sylvia Loves Pink, a hoot of an Etsy shop! This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! 

Sylvia designs owls, zipper pouches, and bags, many with a Disney twist! Her owls have completely stolen my heart. I always love it when a new design pops up on my Instagram feed! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Sylvia as much as I have. A big thank you to her for taking the time to interview with us! Be sure to visit her shop for a great selection of Disney themed owl plushies and bags! And remember, she welcomes custom orders, so don't be shy about giving that special someone an unique gift they'll treasure! It's never too early to think about Holiday shopping!

Disney By The Numbers (with apologies to Harper's)


# of trips you’ve taken: One to Disney World / Florida
date of first trip:
1990
# of mouse ears in your cottage: 1
# of disney themed pillows you’ve created: around 50
# of disney movies you’ve seen: too many to count!
Are you a DL or WDW fan (or cruise line, or other): Disneyland, I live in California
What is your absolute don’t miss attraction? Pirates of the Caribbean
Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
You favorite disney park is... Disneyland
Three things your dream disney vacation would include: A cruise, Aulani Disney Resort, my hubby :)
The best time to visit disney (in your opinion): during the summer

Your favorite Disney memory: My very first trip to Disneyland as a child. I was beyond excited to share that experience with my parents, siblings and other family members. It was like a dream come true! I still have the Tinkerbell charm bracelet that one of my uncles purchased for me that day.

How did you start your Etsy store? In January of 2013, I was laid off from my job and knew that the job market would be challenging. So, I decided to teach myself how to sew. I discovered that I loved it and decided to open an Etsy shop in order to bring in a bit of income.

Why owls?  started off making zipper pouches, tote bags and tooth fairy pillows. I love owls and thought it might be fun to make a Spiderman inspired owl for my nephew. Everyone loved it so much and they encouraged me to make more! From there, customers started requesting owls inspired by many different characters. They challenge me every day and I love it!

How can we connect?  
www.pinterest.com/sylvialovespink
Instagram: SylviaLovesPink
Email: sylvialovespink@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for featuring me in your lovely blog. It means so much to know that you appreciate my Owlies :) I love making them and it makes me happy that they brought smiles to so many!

    ReplyDelete