Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY Disney Character Party Cups with Temporary Tattoos


Disney Princess Cups
You may have seen this idea on Pinterest: take a temporary tattoo and adhere it to a plastic cup. I know I've seen it several times. And I've wondered if it works. So when we had our annual get together at the beginning of the new year I decided I would give it a try. After all, we are all big Disney buffs. If it did work, I knew people would be charmed by it.

Winnie the Pooh Cups
These little gems were a hit! Believe me, they worked. And were so simple to do. I had three packages of tattoos: Princesses, Winnie the Pooh, and Cars. The kids we usually travel with share our sensitivity to synthetic dyes, so these were right out as their traditional use. But they were perfect for this! I could totally see using them for a party setting! I simply followed the directions on the back of the package to adhere them to the plastic. I did nothing special to them and they lasted quite well through the party. None of them came off on anyone's hands and they even rinsed out well when we wanted to change up drinks.

I would definitely try this again. And even with 20 some cups, it only took me about 10-15 minutes to do them all. Tune in Saturday to find out what vintage cocktail recipe we used to fill these up! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment