Saturday, July 11, 2015

Disney DIY Hot/Cold Packs

Our kids have been all about the ice for the ouchies these days and have been making me wild with the amount of mess the melted ice makes all over the house. So I decided that I needed to get an alternative. I had seen these little bags used as hand warmers/hot packs, and I wondered if I would be able to use them as cold packs. As it turns out, you can!

I found the instructions for these easy packs at Bee In My Bonnet, using rice. I then wondered if the buckwheat groats I had on hand would work as well. I found The Momma Stuff blog with a similar pack and a she used buckwheat! You can find that information here.

I whipped these up using the scraps from other projects on the blog. Knowing I wanted to use them for ice packs, I used the Where's Perry flannel. It seemed like the best choice for insulating the cold against the skin. And I also decided to try some with just one layer of cotton and a smaller size for the Tigger bags. Both seem to work very well and the kids like the Disney characters! These are so practical that I think I will make many more and stash them in the freezer at the grandparents houses and in my travel medical kit.

These are so simple and easy to make anyone with a sewing machine could do it. And they are a quick project too. Win-win. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment