Here's the recipe, perfect for bringing a little magic home:
- 1/3 Cup chocolate syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 oz. soda or seltzer water
- Maraschino cherry
- Pour chocolate syrup in the bottom of an 8-ounce milk shake glass.
- Smoosh in 1 scoop of ice cream.
- Slowly pour in soda water almost to top of glass.
- Perch another scoop of ice cream on top.
- Add a cherry and a colorful straw or two.
Now we don't do Maraschino cherries here (Doc has a sensitivity to artificial dyes), but we are happy to report that the cottage approves even without the cherry on top. Personally, I can't get enough! We used our Soda Stream to make as much soda water as we needed. (A seriously great product!) And, while we didn't have any Ghirardelli syrup in the cottage at the moment, we highly recommend Trader Joe's Midnight Moo. It's delicious!
Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!