Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Disney Inspired Socks

Imagination by Knit Picks
I love knitting socks. I love it so much I attended a sock knitting convention two summers ago. Seriously. So when Knit Picks introduced it's sock yarn line, Imagination, I was beyond smitten! But socks take time to knit, and unless you have lots of road tripping time, that is hard to come by in this neck of the woods right now. So instead of knitting and presenting the sock to you, I thought I'd present my best ideas for this new sock yarn and let you do the knitting (or dreaming with me!).

Let me just say, this yarn is so beautiful. There is a colorway for everyone's liking. And the blend is a Merino/Alpaca with a touch of nylon. I can only imagine how soft it must feel. That's my favorite thing about hand-knitted socks: how utterly comfortable they are. Once you start you won't go back, trust me. And hand-knit socks are usually a welcome gift!



But on to the socks! First up is Enchanted Forest. These would be a lovely tribute to Snow White or Sleeping Beauty growing up in the forests of their youths. I would absolutely knit Bacchus socks with this yarn. I love all the bobbles on the trees!


Second, how about a tribute to The Little Mermaid with Mermaid Lagoon and Johnson's Wave socks? I love the colors of the Mermaid Lagoon socks. So beautiful. (It also seems to me that there are really Sully colored. I'm sure there's a pattern out there just right for Monsters U!)


Finally, I love the idea of some Alice in Wonderland socks. So I paired Looking Glass with these Vorticity socks. They remind me of the topsy turvy experience of Alice being in wonderland, and the spin down the rabbit hole.

I could go on and on, but we'll stop there for today. If you knit any of these up, I'd love to see them! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment