Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sitting with Grandmother Willow: Evie of Pixie Dust & Skulls

Madame Daisy from Pixie Dust & Skulls
As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Evie of Pixie Dust and Skulls, a lovely Etsy shop. This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Evie as much as I have. A big thanks to her for taking the time to interview with us! And be sure to visit her shop for a great selection of Disney themed accessories!


Disney by the numbers (with apologies to Harper's):

# of trips you have made: Wow I seriously wish more but I’d say around 10-15 times

Date of first trip: There’s a picture of my sister as a baby and myself, we are two years apart and she was barely walking, so I’d have to say I was about 3yrs so around 1984.

Date of next trip: My goal is next year when I visit my family in California; my last visit was around Christmas time so I’d like to experience Halloween festivities this time around.

# of Resorts stayed in: Someday it’ll happen. Dreams do come true in a Disney lovers mind LOL

Usual # in your travel party: It varies; it’s a party that always includes family and friends, last visit was apart of 5 but, it’s been as big as 15+ people

Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: Currently chesire , gifted by my sisters BBF on my last trip to California.

WDW or Disneyland (or other)? Well I can’t compare if I haven’t been to WDW, so at the moment Disneyland.

How do you usually travel to Disney? We all meet at my parents’ house, mom makes breakfast, carpool in about 2-3 cars and head on out.

Do you have any tips for trips? If you want to make it out throughout the whole day at the park take comfortable shoes, or extra change of clothing (just in case you get soaked in Splashed Mountain ) I also take a messenger bag, and carry only necessities, don’t want to lose any valuable items. And most important, shop as soon as you get there to avoid the long lines before park closes. You can just rent a locker and put all the purchased items and collect at the end of the night.

Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? Actually no, I’ve never been disappointed in any of their restaurants. Everything is delicious, but my Mom loved Hungry Bear so we went there a lot.
What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction? Anything pretty much from Fantasyland but Alice in wonderland , Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Pinocchio’s ride.
Stage shows, yes or no? Yes most definitely, It such Joy to see kids happy.

Parades, yes or no? I don’t like parades but Disney parades it’s a must. I’ll never forget my parents taking us to see the Electrical parade which I thought it was out of this world LOL. But I think I fell in love with it even more when my High School participated in their Christmas parade, my last performance was to M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E song, I was in colorguard and my prop was tall flags.

Best Fast Pass to get: I haven’t tried it yet, I know right LOL.

Favorite park: Fantasyland!

One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL: Use your map, and if visiting with kids, always assign a spot to meet if one should go missing. And make it fun while on waiting lines, look for hidden Mickeys LOL.

How do you create extra magic for your family? Have dinner with family outdoors, sit down and enjoy the lighting of the park. We literally eat and just let all the beauty sink in. I think that is why she loved going to hungry bear. Take lots and lots of pictures, and be a kid, after all it is the happiest place on earth! And create something memorable, home made and gift everyone with it.

How can we connect with you?
www.etsy.com/shop/Pixiedustnskulls
Instagram: Pixiedustnskulls
pixiedustnskulls@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment