Saturday, October 25, 2014

DIY Cheesy Grits and Bacon from The Wave at The Contemporary Resort

So first you should know that this is an improvised recipe. I didn't think to ask for the card while we were at The Wave, but I happen to live with an amazing cook, Mr. Photos From The Parks. And he already makes a similar recipe for shrimp and grits. So I with his guidance, I made my own version of this recipe and I love it!

*The Wave is one of my favorite places to eat breakfast in Walt Disney World. It's on the first floor of the Contemporary Resort and their breakfast buffet is sophisticated and delicious! If you haven't been, you really need to try it!


Here's what I did to recreate these grits:

1. I used Alton Brown's Cheese Grits recipe as a start.


2. When the recipe calls for cheese, I also added 4 strips of bacon, cooked and finely chopped.

That's it. Simple enough for me to make it and delicious. My friend who doesn't even like grits loves these. You should give it a try! Enjoy them for breakfast or for dinner. And until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment