But I have, in fact, been photographing my family exclusively with my iPhone for last several years. It may be because I now have two toddlers who keep me on my toes! Or it may just be the fact that I feel like my entire life is on my iPhone. Whatever caused the switch, I am quite happy with it. Let's face it; the iPhone is smaller, easier to pop out to catch that photo with, and always with me!
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who is experiencing this change in photography habits. So here are some of my favorite apps. They both help me post great pictures on the fly (to Instagram and Photos) and get them ready for the scrapbook! In full disclosure I use an iPhone 6 and have only tried these with the iPhone.
1. Snapseed - This is my go to app for any of the photo editing basics like brightness, contrast, and tone; it also has the ability to add some fancier features for filters, grain, etc. This app is free.
|Edited completely in Snapseed|
2. PicFrame - easy to use collage app that allows you to change the shape of just one photo. App price is $0.99
|PicFrame was used to create this collage|
3. Big Lens - my newest favorite! With this app you can create the effect of changing your aperture on a DSLR. Essentially you can get your subject to stay in focus and blur the background after you've taken the photo. App price is $0.99
|Edited in Big Lens and Instagram|
4. Squaready - can edit any photo to fit a square frame. Very easy to use and uploads directly to IG if you wish. It has several other functions, but I don't use them. This app is free.
5. Over - gives you the ability to put text and or art work on your photos. It's interface is super easy and allows for the basics. App price is $0.99
|Over was used to caption this photo Doors Of Dublin|
6. Rhonna Designs - this is for lots of artwork options and text. I use it sparingly, but it has lots of options for design. And there are tons of preloaded phrases and goodies so you don't have to come up with them yourself, all for an additional cost. App price is $1.99
7. RealBokeh - allows you to add bokeh to your photos after you've taken them. You can choose where to put it and what shape you want. There is also a Mickey mouse shape perfect for your Disney photos! App price is $1.99
And there you have it! The apps I use to edit my iPhone photos. Once you have the hang of it, it's easy to do while waiting in line or for your ADR! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!