Thursday, June 16, 2016

Hand Knit DIY Disney Inspired Frozen Poncho

So this spring I needed a stash busting project for all these gorgeous sample yarns I purchased. I had originally thought about making a boatload of socks, because I really wanted a small airplane-worthy project; but this yarn is 100% wool and with my laundry habits, it was sure to produce some felted socks by the end of the year! So I opted for a poncho instead. (I tend to be much better about hand washing the sweaters. They don't hide in the laundry basket the same way the socks do!) It was kind of a bulky project for the airplane, but I was committed to it by the time my flights were upon me!

I found this lovely free pattern by DROPS designs at Garn Studio. I altered the color scheme of my poncho to fit my Frozen-inspired color palette. And the pattern has a different design around the neck, but I just couldn't make it work properly around my neck. So at last I ripped out the scarf-like neck and just did a simple K1, P1 rib for a mock turtle neck instead. I much prefer the look of it!

You can see all the details about this poncho on my Ravelry page if you want to make one yourself or for your Frozen obsessed friend! With so much flight time, I was able to complete it in just about a month. And, I have enough stash yarn left to make some of the matching wrist warmers! It's the perfect "chill is in the air" set that will look lovely in the fall. I can't wait until it's cool enough to use it! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment