Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tinkerbell Treasures


The first time I thought about leaving "Tinkerbell Treasures," we were traveling with a group of 21. My husband and I had booked everything - including Cinderella's Royal Table for, that's right, 21 people! (certainly my biggest Disney coup!) We felt like the unofficial hosts of the party even though most of us had traveled there together too many times to count. I decided to try and make some things before I went that would be a fun little surprise every morning. I made up little personalized magnets, embellished acrylic picture frames, gave everyone 2 quarters and a penny for the pressed penny machines. And it proved to be big fun; quite possibly I had the most fun preparing everything. I'm like that. Planning is half the fun when going to Walt Disney World.

Since then, the Tinkerbell Treasures have grown a bit more sophisticated, and the DIY gifts have become a staple of our trips. We are lucky, we have good friends and family who love Disney as much as we do, and go just as frequently. It offers a lot of opportunity to make some extra magic along the way!

When planning my Tinkerbell Treasures I usually go one of two ways. I either use licensed merchandise (available at most discount/department stores), or allude to Disney experiences, movies, etc. without the licensed products. You'd be surprised at what you can do with just a little money. I try and set a budget for the Tinkerbell gifts, but as with most things Disney, I tend to go over that budget. But those of you with more will-power can easily set a budget of $1.00 - $3.00 a day. The excitement you generate, and the mood you set for the day, will pay off in spades. Trust me.

Tinkerbell Treasures will be a regular feature here in Merryweather's Cottage. We hope these magical ideas will add some unexpected delight to your trips.

May your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment