Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sitting with Grandmother Willow: Melissa & Meg



As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Melissa and Meg, of MouseMaps, an Etsy shop. This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Melissa and Meg as much as I have.


Disney by the numbers (with apologies to Harpers):
# of trips you've made: I have made more than 25 (I have lost track), and Meg has been about 8 times.
Date of first trip: My first trip was at age 4 with my aunt, uncle and cousins, which I barely remember.  The first I remember was at age 12, and just about every year since then. We started Meg at age 2!
Date of next trip: August 2013
# of Resorts stayed in: 12
Usual # in your travel party: Usually, it’s just me and Meg.
Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: Meg has 2 pairs.  Sadly, I have none!

WDW or Disneyland (or other)? WDW, although I would like to go back to Disneyland!
How do you usually travel to Disney? Mostly by plane, once by car from MA.
Do you have any tips for trips?  My best tip would be to plan ahead!  Make dining reservations, and don’t try to fit everything into one trip!
Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? ‘Ohana, Be Our Guest, 50’s Prime Time Café
What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction? We have to stick with the classics and say Haunted Mansion, and Carousel of Progress.
Stage shows, yes or no? Yes!
Parades, yes or no? Yes!!!
Best Fast Pass to get: Toy Story Midway Mania, and Soarin
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL: Research beforehand, but while at the parks, “take time to stop and smell the roses”.
How do you create extra magic for your family? We have booked an Illuminations cruise, sat front row at the Hoop dee doo Revue, and on our next trip we’re going to try the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.  There is always something new to try.

Tell us about your Etsy shop: I started out making one bracelet as a Christmas gift for Meg, then some for a Give Kids the World raffle at a Disunplugged event.  So many people liked them!  Finally, Meg talked me into opening an Etsy shop.  Now you can take part of your 2nd home with you everywhere!

How can we connect with you? We are on Etsy at etsy.com/shop/mousemaps and on Twitter at @MouseMaps

No comments:

Post a Comment