Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY Disney Boxer Briefs from Tshirts

Ok, I could hardly wait to share this project with you! I think it is A-DOR-A-BLE! I made these underpants from some Tshirts our travel group purchased a few years back. We were all mousekateers for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. (If you've never been to this special event, you really must go. The parade and fireworks alone are worth the price of admission!) These mousekateers are just the kiddos; the adults were in on the fun too! And because I know someone will ask, we ordered the Ts from Zazzle. It was easy for each family to get just what they wanted (and spell all the names correctly!)

And from those fabulous Ts, comes these fabulous unders!

I was shocked at how easy it really was to create these. I plan on making several pair for the potty training days ahead! I used this tutorial from Sew A Straight Line. I used the no-fly version since this was my first attempt at sewing with jersey. I highly recommend reading through her tips on sewing with jersey too. It was extremely helpful for me. (And just as an aside, if you are not familiar with the Celebrate the Boy event hosted by Made By Rae and Made, you really need to be. Such great stuff!)

I used regular elastic for the waistband on these boxer briefs and the ringer edge from the cuffs and collar of the shirts for the leg edges. I cannot tell you how much I love these! And such a great way to reuse shirts that were too small to wear anymore. Jiminy Cricket would be so proud!

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea and love the Mickey on the butt! That would be my 3yo's choice.

    ReplyDelete