Thursday, April 3, 2014

Meet The Robinsons - a Disney Movie Review

How did I not know about this movie?? It's possible that I was blind to it due to the release of Ratatouille the same year, but I swear, Meet The Robinsons is one of the best stories Disney has put out. How did I miss this one??

I thank Disney Junior for running this movie last month. I'm not sure if I would ever have seen it otherwise. But as we are a Disney Junior watching cottage, it so happens that we did see this little gem and as preschoolers tend to do, Little Chef wanted to see it over and over and over. I'm happy to do it! This is such a wonderful story of self-identity, family, self-confidence and resilience. The story alone should sell the movie. In fact, there is a scene in which the entire Robinson family celebrates with gusto a blazing failure because failure is where you really learn. Oh, if Doc could have heard that message as a youngster more often! What a gift.

But as with most things Disney, there's even more. This is a story about time travel too, and I cannot begin to tell you how delighted I was with the world of the future. It was so very reminiscent of Tomorrowland and Disney's world of tomorrow. I felt joy just seeing that vision. It's a delightful romp through the future that might have been. If you love the vintage feel of tomorrowland, this will certainly delight you.

I can't believe I missed this lovely feature from Disney Studios all these years. But I am thrilled to say it's part of our collection now. If you haven't seen it, you really must do yourself the favor. I loved it. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment