Saturday, January 31, 2015

DIY Felt Food Disney Snacks

 Little Chef and Minnie have a lot of play food. We have all sorts of wooden food, plastic eggs and felt sandwich kits. And it ALL gets played with, daily. And we have started having tea parties too! Life with a girl can be so different at times. So naturally, when I saw this pattern for making Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches, I knew I needed to add it to the food arsenal. Variety is the spice of life (and a sanity saver) after all!

In making this I used that pattern provided by Capturing Magical Memories, above. I had to shrink it to about 90% to fit on the printer paper.

I also, mistakenly ordered some adhesive backed felt. It was the right brown color and I didn't realized it was sticky. I love how stiff the felt is. And in hind site, it had the advantage of holding the white strip in place while I sewed. This was great! The down side is that the needle became very sticky too and had to be cleaned three or four times with alcohol. Not hard, just a pain in the neck. I would certainly recommend finding stiffer felt for this project.

And this little ice cream sandwich took more time to put together than I anticipated. Hand sewing is a slow business for me. I am much faster at knitting! Even so, it was worth it for the joy and newness this little treat brought to the kids' play time! We had ice cream sandwiches all day!

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment