Tuesday, August 9, 2016

DIY Disney Trip Command Center for WDW

Today we are reviewing one of our favorite posts on how to create a command center for your next WDW trip! Enjoy this entry from fall 2014.

When we decided to go to Hilton Head for our Spring Break trip back in April, we created a command center for the trip. A place for the entire family to see our vacation plans and get excited for the trip. You can read about that trip here. (It was one of our top 10 for sure!) The command center worked so well for the last trip, I decided to do the same thing for this fall's excursion to Walt Disney World!

Here's the breakdown of what I included:

Map of Resort
We are staying at Kidani Village at the Animal Kingdom Lodge this trip. I was able to find a print this map of the resort area simply by doing a google image search for Animal Kingdom Lodge Map. I also added a few animal masks to the lamp to try and make it more festive. You can see the gorilla maskwarthog mask, and leopard mask in the Silhouette online store.

Height Chart
I used the Silhouette to cut out the height chart using the shape growth chart. I cut out the numbers and then backed them with a patterned paper. I tried to tie in the papers to the Animal Kingdom, but I also wanted to use what I had on hand. I then used the height chart from PreschoolEars to mark the heights that the kids needed to reach to be able to ride certain attractions.

Countdown 
I printed out this FREE countdown sheet from one of my favorite bloggers and IG friends: Designs by Nicolina. It's perfect for watching the days get closer to Disney!

ADRs and Fastpass+ 
I wanted to remind the kids (the older ones) of all the fun things we had planned, including the ADRs and Fastpass+ reservations. So I printed out this FREE fastpass+ planning sheet from Lovely Commotion. If you are into the planning thing, you really need to check her out. She has LOTS of Disney planning resources available on her blog!

And who could resist this adorable serving tray with Mickey announcing our Advanced Dining Reservations! I am really excited to take our own Little Chef to Chefs de France, Epcot in hopes of meeting Remy. It is Food & Wine Festival time, so I am hopeful we will see him. I will definitely report back if we do!

Since we have a quick service dining plan, this is our only table service reservation. We have never had a bad meal at Chefs de France and I (the unabashed francophile!) am certainly looking forward to it! Stay tuned for a later post on how I made this really fun Mickey tray for less than $10!

Disney World Subway Art
I love eighteen25 for the subway art alone. I downloaded this from their website and stuck it in a frame. Instant Disney magic!

Passporter
My go to planner for any Disney trip is the PassPorter. My friends call it my Franklin Planner for Disney. If you don't have one and you have never been to Disney, this is the guidebook for you! I left it out on our command center for quick and easy reference.

We are clearly getting excited for our next big family trip this fall! Do you have a command center? If so, I'd love to know what you put in yours! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment