Tuesday, March 18, 2014

DIY Disney Trip Command Center

Spring Break planning is in full swing here in the cottage and it's hard for the littles to comprehend what is about to take place. I devised this command center as a sort of daily reminder and planning center for our upcoming trip to Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort. You can expect a trip report on this particular vacation, as we have never done it and I have found very little in the way of reviews on line.

I decided to use the very cute Disney countdown paper chain that I saw on CapturingMagic's Pinterest board. It was so easy to do using Lisa's tutorial for the Mickey ears loops. This was a great way to involve the littles. They may not know what to expect, but they know we are counting down to something!

I also put out these souvenir money jars for each of the kids. This was a great way to encourage good behavior. We awarded a dollar a day for good days for the littles and for no missing assignments for Doc. Watching their trip money grow was a great incentive for them. And what busy mom can't use a little extra help in encouraging kids to be good?

I also made my own subway art for the display area. I like thinking about all the possibilities of this trip: ice cream, campfires, lazy days, the beach, games. If you would like to download it, feel free. You can find my Disney's Hilton Head Island subway art right here. I would recommend printing it at around an 85-90% scale if you want it in an 8x10 frame.


Finally, I put our road trip basket (from our 2013 Wilderness Lodge trip!) on the table as a place to put all those little things that "would be great for the car" but have a way of disappearing before a trip. This way it's all centrally located and easy to pop in the van when we are ready to go!

If you have other command center ideas I'd love to hear about them. I like this so much I think I'll be doing another one for our Walt Disney World trip in October! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!


No comments:

Post a Comment