Friday, March 21, 2014

The Night Before Disney, And All Through The House

The night before we load up the family and head to our next Disney destination is always full of emotion: excitement, frustration, anxiety, anticipation, exhaustion and finally, once everything, or almost everything has found a place in the bags, calm. I'm always amazed at how much energy it takes to get ready to go. We leave for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort tomorrow, bright and early. Our spring break might be rainy, but will be having some Disney magic anyway. I'm looking forward to it.

Today I did four loads of laundry (after yesterday's 2), made a grocery list, cancelled the milk delivery, packed 5 suitcases, 5 bags of groceries and snacks, one box of toys and one road trip ready bag. I made sure the arrangements for the dog were set, double checked the weather and activity schedule for the resort, checked that my knitting was in order and located all the camera equipment. I have this vain hope that I will be able to take "real" pictures at this resort since we will not be competing with amusement park fun. I charged all the electronic "ish" we shall take with us and made my lists for the last minute items we'll need in the morning (blankies and such). My work is finally done and I have a moment to reflect on how much I am looking forward to spending some Disney time with my family. I realize this will be a different sort of Disney vacation for us, but I am really excited about having a relaxed Disney vacation.

I hope your spring break plans include a little magic! I'll be posting while we're gone, so you won't miss a thing. And you can expect a trip report about the Hilton Head Resort too. I can't wait to see what's out there for us. Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment