Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sitting with Grandmother Willow: Danielle of DisneyLove417

Peter Pan Poster from DisneyLove417
As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Danielle of DisneyLove417, an Etsy shop. This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Danielle as much as I have. A big thanks to her for taking the time to interview with us! And be sure to visit her shop for a great selection of Disney themed graphic art and phone accessories!



Disney by the numbers (with apologies to Harpers):

# of trips you have made: This is hard to say because I worked there from August 2009 till June 2013. I have visited the parks way more than the average person and loved every second of it.
Date of first trip: 1994
Date of next trip: May 2014 for Hollywood Studies 25th Anniversary
# of Resorts stayed in: I believe I have stayed in 10 different ones.
Usual # in your travel party: I would say 4 on the average day.
Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: 7 beacuse you can never have too many mouse ears.

WDW or Disneyland (or other)? WDW .. I have never visited Disneyland :(
How do you usually travel to Disney? If on vacation a plane. But most of the time I just drive down the street in my car :)
Do you have any tips for trips? Yes lots. Feel free to contact me with any specific questions because there are just too many to name. I worked in guest relations at the parks so I know lots of fun facts.
Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? Most recently I have been fascinated with Be Our Guest (like the rest of the world) You also can never leave without a Dole Whip
What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction? Toy Story Mania
Stage shows, yes or no? Yes
Parades, yes or no? Yes .. I think some of them can use some updating but yes.
Best Fast Pass to get: Toy Story Mania for sure! Its the busiest ride at all 4 of the parks
Favorite park: Hollywood Studios. I have a special place in my heart for them considering I worked there for 4 years.
One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL: Don't just show up and think you can figure out how to work the parks. Definitely do some research.
How do you create extra magic for your family? I know a lot of secrets about the parks so I will surprise them with things they didn't know about or show them great spots to watch fireworks or shows.
How can we connect with you?
www.etsy.com/shop/disneylove417
instagram.com/dswizzle417

No comments:

Post a Comment