Saturday, March 29, 2014

DIY Disney's Tangled Socks (and modified pattern)

I just can't help myself; I'm a sock knitter. I have loads of sock yarn stocked up in my stash. It's so easy to purchase just a skein or two and know you have a project just waiting to happen. In fact, I have so much sock yarn that I have created my own self-imposed sock knitting club. I've put all those fabulous skeins of yarn in ziplock baggies with patterns and needles so I don't have to think about the next pair; all I have to do is just grab a bag and go!

This pattern, however, was not my thing. I'd never done intarsia in the round and it was way to much to think about with the little people running around the cottage. I need my knitting to be uncomplicated at the moment! So I did some major altering to this pattern. In fact, I practically rewrote it for knitting in the round and using duplicate stitch. If you are interested in that sort of thing, you can read all about it on my Ravelry project page. For those of you non-knitters, I'll spare you the details!

Suffice it to say, these socks reminded me of Tangled when I saw the pattern. And with the right colors, they are perfect! It makes me happy to know I have Rapunzel themed socks on under my boots, even if no one else knows! The mock cable looks like a braid and the flowers were done up in sparkly yarn scraps. The perfect combination for a little Tangled pattern!

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment