Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Disney DIY Tangled Pacifier Clip


We use a lot of passies around the cottage. I know there are lots of opinions about them, but we are liberal in our usage and the two littles still need them for bed. While we were in Walt Disney World this fall we needed pacifier clips to wrangle them. Nothing like your kid losing his passie on the walkway in Disney, picking it back up and popping it in his mouth! Gack! I'm usually not too worried about that sort of thing, but in a place that gets as much foot traffic as Disney, and with a kid who seems to be allergic to everything, it's just not worth it!

As it's national crochet month, I thought I'd share this quick little crochet clip that worked very well on our trip and reminded me of Rapunzel's hair. It seemed the perfect accessory to our Minnie's Tangled outfit. Of course, there was a blueberry incident, so we didn't get a picture of the whole get up. Such is life with babies! But I assure you it was adorable, and if you have a small Disney fan toddling about your cottage, you just might want to create this sweet floral accessory too. If so, here is the pattern from A Bit Of Sunshine I followed to make this. I doubled the flower, but that is the only alteration I made.

This clip came together in well under an hour, which gave me time to create an additional flower which I attached to an alligator clip and used as an accessory for Minnie's sun hat! You could just as easily use a safety pin for that, but I wanted to try and use it as a hair clip later on - you know, when she has some hair to clip back! This is also a great way to use up those yarn scraps in your stash. I know I have a hard time pitching anything that might come in handy in the future. And if you have a button box with loads of random buttons, well all the better! These Tangled flowers are the perfect way to use and admire those odd ones.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment