Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Flora's Pink Aurora Hand Knit Toddler Mittens

So the funny thing about toddlers is they are constantly changing their minds! (Ok, ONE of the funny things about toddlers . . . .) After the success of the Anna Mittens, my darling toddler informed me that she needed PINK mittens. Her request was so emphatic that it reminded me of Flora and Merryweather's battle over the color of Aurora's dress at the end of Sleeping Beauty. Make it PINK! Make it BLUE! And so I took that inspiration and ran with it. The result is this lovely pair of pink mittens with a fair isle pattern that reminded me a bit of the architecture of Sleeping Beauty castle in Disneyland.

All the details of the mittens are on my Ravelry page for this project. Again, I didn't really have a pattern, I just made them up as I went along. (It's easy to forget to insert the thumb when you do it that way! You might even forget it twice!) These mittens were definitely a fun quick knit, and I fully intend to create some Merryweather mittens (naturally!) to accompany them! Because I like blue! The toddler, for the moment, is delighted by the pink.

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment