Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Easy DIY Disney Park Map Binder | Back to School

This is one of those fantastically easy projects that makes me think, "Why didn't I think of that?" But alas, I did not. This idea comes from a good friend, The Blue Fairy, who has the Disney Bug almost as bad as me! Thanks sister!

I really like the way this turned out. I'm all about recycling last year's school supplies if possible, and this is an easy trick to do just that. You could even change it out throughout the year. It requires two park maps (the same or not) and some adhesive vinyl (or really big stickers). I cut each map (in this case Animal Kingdom) to 9" wide. The spine is the remainder of the map (in this case Expedition Everest), cut to a width of 1.25". At this width they slid in easily with no bunching up. I used dark red Silhouette adhesive vinyl and the free font Waltograph to create the name on this binder. I sized the name to 8.675" wide. I adhered the stickers to the outside of the binder so I could easily change out the maps if I wanted to later in the year.

This project took me all of 20 minutes from start to finish. That's a project anyone can do. And Jiminy Cricket would certainly give this one his seal of environmentality. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment