Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sitting With Grandmother Willow: Amy Atkins





As part of our on-going series, Sitting with Grandmother Willow, I am happy to introduce Amy Atkins, of Adorkable Me, an Etsy shop. This series of blog posts highlights artists and bloggers of all stripes with one thing in common: a passion for Disney! I hope you will enjoy getting to know Amy as much as I have. And be sure to visit her Etsy store for some unique Disney themed items!



Disney by the numbers (with apologies to Harpers):
# of trips have you made: I average twice a month. Slacker status, I know.
Date of first trip: 1988. Around 2 years old.
Date of next trip: Today's trip will be the last of June, but I've got a few planned for July.
# of Resorts stayed in: Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier- next month I can cross The Grand Californian off my bucket list!
Usual # in your travel party: By myself or with my best friend Cassie.
Pairs of mouse ears in your cottage: None actually. Peter Pan's hat is always sold out, which is the one I want. Also the headbands hurt my head. My thing is Disneybound bows, I try to wear a different one every time I go. Oh wait, do the mini ear hats count? Those are just too cute to resist. 

WDW or Disneyland (or other)? Disneyland. One day when I win the lottery, I'll finally make it out to WDW for the first time and stay at the Little Mermaid wing at the Art of Animation Resort for sure!

How do you usually travel to Disney? By car, I live in Hollywood which is less then an hour away.

Do you have any tips for trips? Use the single rider lines, or Child Swap if with kids. Go on your E-ticket rides that dont have fast pass first thing in the morning, before the lines in the afternoon. Also, bring a baggie of something to munch on that fits in your bag, cause I guarantee you're going to wish you had it when you're waiting in line.

Do you have a favorite place to eat while in Disney? My plan is to eat somewhere different each trip. But Cafe Orleans might be my fav, amazing cajun food and they usually have a band playing. But on my way out, I always stop for a raspberry mojito from Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney.

What is your absolute DON'T MISS attraction? Tower of Terror in DCA and Big Thunder Mountain in DL

Stage shows, yes or no? Yes! Perfect opportunity to sit and enjoy the a/c for a bit. Does Fantasmic count? Because besides giving birth to your children, that show will be the most magical experience of your life.

Parades, yes or no? Yes! Unless you really have left Neverland and grown up. I feel just like the screaming kids next to me when a character waves at me. You just can't help dancing  along with them!

Best Fast Pass to get: In DL- Indiana Jones and Star Tours. In DCA- Tower of Terror and Soarin' Over California.

Favorite park: I've asking myself this for awhile, and I don't think I have an answer. I love them both in different ways but the same, maybe Disneyland just because it's the original.

One piece of advice you'd give a novice about WDW/DL: Bring a refillable water bottle! You can get free water refills at food locations.

Tell us about your Etsy store:
Last January 1st, I made my very first new years resolution to open a etsy shop and Adorkable Me was created the next day. I craft chotskies, home decor, and accessories for your inner geek. Not just Disney themed, but Harry Potter, Star Wars and many others as well. I am addicted to this shop, I love all of it. I have more ideas then I have time to craft. This year my new years resolution is to do my first craft fair. Lots of prep and research to do, but I'm excited for whats ahead. 

How can we connect with you?
Instagram: @adorkableamy #adorkableme

No comments:

Post a Comment