Thursday, May 22, 2014

DIY Disney Onesie to T-shirt Conversion

I don't know about you, but for a while, onesies are the greatest invention ever. And then one day you turn around and are cursing them up and down while that squirmy baby is trying to do anything but have it's diaper changed. (We never curse the baby, of course! Ahem.) We hit that mark a while ago around here and I decided that something had to be done. Especially considering we had some Disney onesies that I wanted Minnie to wear, just not as onesies!

So off to the internet I went, scouring for a way to easily hem what seemed to be 25 shirts. And because we have a girl, I found exactly what I needed! This lettuce edge tutorial by Betz White saved my day! In fact, it really helped some of the boyish onesies look more like they were intended for a girl. Happy accidents! This is one of those moments where I slapped my head and thought, now why didn't I think of that! It's easy, painless, and you probably have the supplies you need right at your sewing table.

The first thing I did was cut off the onesie as low as possible. I wanted to give myself some room to mess up (and Minnie seems to have either a long torso or a big belly, depending on the day!). I then read through the tutorial and followed it step by step. I felt fairly certain as I was sewing that it wasn't going to be as cute as the ones in the pictures, but when it was all done an I held it up, I was amazed at how good it looked! Now I wouldn't say it looked professional, but for a baby who's going to trash it before breakfast? Perfect!

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment