Thursday, May 1, 2014

DIY Disney's Cinderella Castle Inspired Hand-Knit Socks

Time for another Disney inspired sock pattern! These socks were inspired by the gothic patterns on Cinderella's Castle in Walt Disney World. This is not my original pattern, but when I saw it, I was immediately reminded of the back of the castle - the view from the Carousel. I also knew I wanted to make them in this royal purple color.   I had been saving this lovely yarn for a special pattern. This was definitely the right one!

These socks were easy to knit and a welcome change after those intricate Dumbo socks last month! I was able to complete these in about two weeks. (A much more reasonable time frame for me!) I love the way they turned out. I think even Cinderella would be pleased! And since our weather is still a bit iffy (even snowy!), I can wear them a bit longer before they need to be retired to the sock drawer for the summer!

If you want all the particulars, including the pattern and the wonderfully soft alpaca yarn I used, you can find all the details on my Ravelry page. Until next time, stay cozy, and may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment