Thursday, November 6, 2014

DIY Stitched Disney Park Map

Here's a fun way to add a little dimension to your scrapbooking, or create a unique keepsake from a special day at the Disney Parks: stitch a map with your route that day. It's simple and easy.

One thing I love about Disney are the maps. They are such an excellent tool, as well as being a great souvenir of the day! I am always trying to find new ways to use them, and new ways to enhance my scrapbook pages. This one turned out even better than I imagined!

I simply took a contrasting embroidery floss color and used a running stitch to chart our course from October 22, 2014. I stitched through the numbers on the map of the places we went. I plan on incorporating it into a scrapbook page with pictures of the day. I think this could easily be adapted for any of the Disney parks, and would be especially fun in Epcot's World Showcase where you could document kids at the Kidcot stops, completing Agent P's missions, or the adults frequenting the Food and Wine Festival booths! The possibilities are endless!

This would also look great framed, commemorating a special day in the parks. You could use a shadow box to put other ephemera around it, or just pop it in an 8x10 frame (this would cut off the legend though).

Let your imagination run with this idea! And if you do, I'd love to see how you use it! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment