Thursday, November 13, 2014

Disney Road Trip 101 | Organizing your Disney Parks & Road Trip Paraphernalia

To say that we have a lot of Disney merch is to put it mildly! And we have lots of things we like to take back to Disney on every trip. We're nostalgic that way, and enjoy making the most of our Disney toys. (You could not have convinced me in 2005 that the spinning Stitch light toy Doc just had to have during the Main Street Electrical Parade would still be played with in 2014!)

However, it's getting harder and harder for me to remember everything we have! So I decided to divide our stuff into two boxes, one labeled Road Trip and the other labeled Disney Parks. This way, depending on where we are going, I can quickly grab what I need without the mental effort of trying to remember what we've taken in the past and what we might want now.

So, what's in the boxes? Here's what I have in there:

Road Trip Box:

  • Car games (auto bingo, magnet boards, hangman)
  • Crayons and coloring books
  • Color Wonder markers and books
  • Any goody bags that didn't get used the last time
  • A note to myself about what the kids liked or didn't use last time

Disney Parks Box:

  • Disney hats (mouse ears, Merryweather's hat, etc.)
  • Our park bags
  • Disney books (hidden mickeys, trivia, etc.)
  • My Pal Mickey (yes, we still have ours!)
  • Pressed Penny books and coin purses
  • Pins and lanyards
  • Parade Toys from years past
  • Extra luggage tags from the Walt Disney Travel Co.
  • Disney ponchos

Sorting this as soon as we get home, and storing it in an out of the way place makes it so much easier for me to pack it up the next time we go! And around here, packing for Disney is an art form! I'll have a future post on my packing process, but this should help tremendously. I'm always curious about what others take with them to the parks. Feel free to share in the comments! 

Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment