Saturday, July 19, 2014

Disney Road Trip 101 | DIY Magnet Puzzles

I recently found several Disney products at the Dollar Store (I'm always on the lookout!), one of which were these great Disney Jr. cardboard puzzles. I was able to convert this regular puzzle into one we could easily take on the road without worrying about losing all the pieces. Here's how it works.

I found small cookie sheets at the dollar store and picked up one for each toddler. Trust me, you want new, clean and small cookie sheets for this purpose! I also purchased 3 of these cardboard puzzles, one in each design they had. Variety is a key to staying busy (and tear-free!) on the road.

I brought them home and took the pieces off the cardboard frame. I put a little adhesive magnet dot on the back of each puzzle piece. (Once you do this, you won't be able to put them back in the frame.) Now, each piece adheres to the cookie sheet and won't spill off as the kiddos are putting the puzzles together! I also whipped up a few of my upcycled t-shirt drawstring bags to hold the pieces of the puzzles and keep them separated from the other puzzle pieces. I don't need the hassle of sorting out which pieces go with which puzzle from the front seat of the van!

I think these are going to be a fun addition to the other magnet puzzles we already have. And bonus - when we get to the resort, we can use them in our villa on the fridge! I'm all about the 2-for-1! Until next time, may all your days be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment