Saturday, December 21, 2013

Disney Christmas Wrapping Papers & Protecting The Tree

Disney Wrapping Paper
Here's a head's up for all your Disney fanatics out there: Target has a wide selection of adorable Disney wrapping paper and tags this season! I'm usually not a big fan of the licensed papers; they are too much about the characters and not enough about the feeling of the season. But this year I think Disney has done a marvelous job of creating papers with a muted color pallet and a warm cozy feeling that I just couldn't resist! If you haven't done your wrapping, you might want to check this out. (I'm not paid to say this, I just really like this selection this year!)

Plus, we need a LOT of wrapping paper, as we use giant boxes to bar the kids from ransacking the Christmas tree. We used this technique for Doc when he was a toddler; one of my former co-workers told me about it and it worked like a charm! And it's is working well for Little Chef and Minnie too. I don't put anything in the boxes, and I didn't put bows on them this year either - last year they were pulled off repeatedly! But if you need a little weight in the bottom of each box, a couple of heavy books (which we have a LOT of) work well for us. I like how it doesn't take away from the Christmasy look of our tree but still does the job of keeping them at arms length, especially with Minnie pulling up on everything right now!

I hope you are getting a little time to slow down and enjoy the holiday season. Until next time, may all your holidays be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment