Other than that, here are the variations on my little Mad Hatter's hat:
- Instead of using fleece, as the pattern calls for, I used felt; specifically, felt from The Purl Bee. I love the quality of it.
- To decorate mine, I used a strip of contrasting felt and a ribbon slide I had in my scrapbooking stash. I created the 10/6 tag from a bit of card stock.
- I used tacky glue to adhere my embellishments. It worked very well.
- I used super glue to adhere the alligator clip to the brim (because I was too lazy to get out the glue gun!). I would recommend the glue gun for a stronger hold. I had to reapply the super glue, but second time's a charm. It was quite stable after the second application.
So this wasn't the easiest ornament to put together - mostly because I was too disorganized to do it right! But I do love the end result, and I must say, so does Little Chef. He wore it for hours!
Until next time, may all your holidays be filled with fairy dust!