Saturday, December 7, 2013

DIY Disney 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments | Mad Hatter's Top Hat

I found this little gem on Pinterest and immediately knew that I wanted to make it the Mad Hatter's top hat! I used the pattern, but lost the instructions. So I punted in making this. I actually used the sewing machine to put it together. I would NOT do that again! I would strongly recommend following the instructions provided by Angel. It would be so much easier than trying to sew it together!

Other than that, here are the variations on my little Mad Hatter's hat:

  • Instead of using fleece, as the pattern calls for, I used felt; specifically, felt from The Purl Bee. I love the quality of it. 
  • To decorate mine, I used a strip of contrasting felt and a ribbon slide I had in my scrapbooking stash. I created the 10/6 tag from a bit of card stock. 
  • I used tacky glue to adhere my embellishments. It worked very well.
  • I used super glue to adhere the alligator clip to the brim (because I was too lazy to get out the glue gun!). I would recommend the glue gun for a stronger hold. I had to reapply the super glue, but second time's a charm. It was quite stable after the second application.
So this wasn't the easiest ornament to put together - mostly because I was too disorganized to do it right! But I do love the end result, and I must say, so does Little Chef. He wore it for hours!


Until next time, may all your holidays be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment