Thursday, December 12, 2013

DIY Disney 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments | Rose Pomanders for Belle & Alice

These rose ornaments struck me the moment I saw them on Pinterest! I immediately thought of Belle and knew I wanted to make yellow roses, reminiscent of her fancy ball gown. And when our Poppins suggested a "Painting the Roses Red" pomander, I was sold! The whole time I was putting that one together, I was humming along in my head! And truthfully, you won't believe how easy these are to do.

To make these I simply followed the tutorial over at Under The Table and Dreaming. She recommends using hot glue, but I found that tacky glue worked well for me. And instead of gluing the roses together as I made them, I formed the spiral tissue, spread glue all over the ball, and then formed the rosettes on the ball. I found it easier that way. I also used an egg carton to hold the ornaments steady as I was working on them, the same way I did with the Monster's Inc. Pomanders. Lastly, instead of gluing on embellishments, I used the same pearlized straight pins from the Monster's Inc. ornaments, in the centers of these roses. I liked how it looked and felt that it gave it that extra bit of security.

These were so quick to do, I made both of these from start to finish in an hour. And the cost was minimal. I had everything I needed at home with the exception of the styrofoam balls. And they look so elegant. No one will believe that they are just tissue paper and straight pins! Until next time, may all your holidays be filled with fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment